Monday, December 21, 2015

Snowflakes and a Couple of WIPs

In past years we've made paper snowflakes, and I've saved them. I put some on the windows. Most of them were made by Peter (my husband).

This mandala is a WIP, a work in progress. The pattern is Mandy's Mega Mandala from RedAgape Style and Design. Unfortunately it is a pattern for a cushion, so it becomes convex at the edges. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to make it flat without making it wavy. I think I'm near a solution, but it will have to be blocked. It is a lovely pattern as is clear from the picture, and it was just perfect for what I wanted to make - a rainbow mandala with many colors. Link to the pattern here.

The big news is that I've started to join my Circle of Friends Squares. I'm using the continuous flat braid join from babylovebrand at Cypress Textiles. Link to the tutorial here.

No comments:

Post a Comment