Monday, January 2, 2017

Scheepjes CAL

I finished this beautiful blanket in October and gave it to my mother-in-law, who absolutely loved it. I joined the Scheepjes CAL at the last minute and didn't know what I would do with the blanket. But my mother-in-law saw me working on it a couple of times and loved the squares, so I knew I would make it for her.


I tried to be true to the colors that were chosen by the designers, but because I started this project at the last minute, I didn't have time to get the Scheepjes yarn. So it was an improvisation. I learned so many new things by making this blanket. Most importantly I learned a new way to join blocks, which I've used to solve a problem with another project. Most of the different blocks were new to me and some were a real challenge, but it was definitely worth the effort!



No comments:

Post a Comment